Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Practice would be fun if . . .

. . . I just didn't have to tune my dulcimer before I play music with other people.  But, this awful task has now only been taking me about 20 minutes, instead of 45 minutes to an hour. When I first got my Snark tuner, I have to admit that I only got it because they just seemed so new and different than my old rectangular tuners. Or maybe those bright colors attracted me!

Regardless. Now that I have it (and only about $12 from Elderly), tuning is practically a breeze. I still wish I didn't have to do it, but it isn't nearly the chore it was. I couldn't figure out why it was so much faster. I asked Renzo. (He had one long before I did.) He figures it's the reaction time and I suppose I have to agree with him. It is right there when you pluck the string.

So last night when we had band practice, I don't think I started tuning until about 6:40 for 7:00 practice, and I didn't have to worry about finishing. And Renzo didn't even come over and check to see if I was in tune, either. He loves to do that. Before we play for a dance, he goes up to my dulcimer and checks it to be sure I tuned. Does he actually think that I would show up to play for any event without tuning?? Come on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers